Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Pottermore!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
385 replies to this topic

#341 OFFLINE   Prof. Katerina Petrov

Prof. Katerina Petrov
  • Banned
  • 4306 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:42 AM

I know right I'd given up on getting in then got in and squealed like a little kid, ask Volynski if you don't believe me, lol.

And this is the result of my potion making, I decided to go rogue and see how fast I could blow one up, biggrin.gif

user posted image

But I am in love with my wand...

Edited by Prof. Katerina Petrov, 09 September 2011 - 09:43 AM.

#342 OFFLINE   Nathalie Deveraux

Nathalie Deveraux
  • Ravenclaw 1st Year
  • 1128 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (Prof. Katerina Petrov @ Sep 9 2011, 09:42 PM)
I know right I'd given up on getting in then got in and squealed like a little kid, ask Volynski if you don't believe me, lol.

And this is the result of my potion making, I decided to go rogue and see how fast I could blow one up, biggrin.gif

user posted image

But I am in love with my wand...

well Prof. Petrov, i actually blew my cauldron up too.... tongue.gif

#343 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Prof. Andrew Dougles @ Sep 9 2011, 08:04 AM)

Achlys..I wanted Gryffindor...My true house tongue.gif

ME TO! But I got sorted into Hufflepuff, I mean its not to bad
but I really wanted Gryffindor, although it might not have helped
that I did my sorting when I hadn't slept the night before, lol
that might have had something to do with it. I might make
another account when it officially opens in October, but I am
on the fence on doing that to. But for right now I am going to
be loyal to my Hufflepuff's even though I know that I am a
true Gryffindor at heart!

Edited by Abigail Winchester, 09 September 2011 - 03:37 PM.

#344 OFFLINE   Healer Emma Atalanta

Healer Emma Atalanta

Head Hospital Wing Healer, Hufflepuff Alumni, Empathy, Healer Certification Guest Instructor

• Hogwarts Staff
  • 2874 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

i cannot figure out the potion making for the life of me. what does wave your wand really mean? I can't even get past that part.

#345 OFFLINE   Alex Valen

Alex Valen
  • Banned
  • 2179 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

I have no clue Emma, I just decided to go rogue and eff it up to see how big an explosion I could make btu it is the same explosion every time...sad.gif

#346 OFFLINE   Achlys Demarchis

Achlys Demarchis

Soleil Alumna

• Adult
  • 1004 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

The wand thing, what I did was pull it up there with my mouse (well, technically it's a multi-touch trackpad, same difference.....), then the lightning stuff came out, and I slowly kind of pulled the wand away (slowly) until the lightning vanished. And I think it helps to make sure that it stays in the temperature range during that time. Does anyone know how to stir counterclockwise?

EDIT: Oh, and I love your signature, Prof. Petrov. *snickers evilly*

Edited by Achlys Demarchis, 09 September 2011 - 07:23 PM.

#347 OFFLINE   Prof. Katerina Petrov

Prof. Katerina Petrov
  • Banned
  • 4306 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

Yes but I am a potions teacher it is rather bad blowing my cauldron up intentionally or not, lol.

Bet Dakota did it and just didn't tell anyone...*snickers*...and thanks it is quite fitting for her actually.

#348 OFFLINE   Prof. Dakota Kane

Prof. Dakota Kane

Former Governor of Hogwarts Online

• Portrait
  • 2303 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:04 AM

I never figured out how to do counterclockwise yet lol. I only melted a cauldron in practice cause I had no clue how to do the whole wand thing.

#349 OFFLINE   Angel Carriedo

Angel Carriedo

Loki Alumna,

• Adult
  • 3708 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:18 AM

About wave your wand: just tap on it and it shall do its stuff.

Cauldrons blown up to date: 2

#350 OFFLINE   Alex Valen

Alex Valen
  • Banned
  • 2179 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:20 AM

The wand thing boggles me and I have a laptop and no mouse to go with it so the entire process gets all messed up using only my lappy pad.

#351 OFFLINE   Achlys Demarchis

Achlys Demarchis

Soleil Alumna

• Adult
  • 1004 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:13 AM

MacBooks are better! Sorry, I'm a kind of Apple fanatic. It's worked fine for me, except the whole stirring thing.

Off (but somehow on) topic: Dakota, you should totally add my canon request to the wall. And find the password to the existing Peeves account. Not to be pester-y or disrespectful or rude or pushy or anything! Note: the reason this is somewhat on topic is because my canon request is for a new canon derived from Pottermore.

Cauldrons blown up to date: I lost count. Guessing about 4. Fortunately, they were all practice.

#352 OFFLINE   Prof. Dakota Kane

Prof. Dakota Kane

Former Governor of Hogwarts Online

• Portrait
  • 2303 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:18 AM

Huh? I thought, I changed Peeves Password *Head Desk* Hey come they didn't add more info on Peeves in the first book like when he first came to Hogwarts and played pranks on the students.

#353 OFFLINE   Achlys Demarchis

Achlys Demarchis

Soleil Alumna

• Adult
  • 1004 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:21 AM

I don't know if you changed the password; maybe you did, but you didn't tell me. biggrin.gif

Yeah, more info on Peeves would have been nice. Oh well, they still have six more books. Wait, if they haven't even opened the CoS to us yet, how are they going to get the whole thing done by October? Or are they just being mean?

#354 OFFLINE   Peeves

Peeves

Hogwarts Poltergeist - Supporting Character

• HO Supporting Character
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:24 AM

Muahahaha! An ickle fourthie and an ickle proffie! Oh Rowling oh Rowling, just look what you've done/Pottermore is open, such fun! Such fun!

*the writer isn't the best at spur-of-the-moment poems*

#355 OFFLINE   Prof. Andrew Dougles

Prof. Andrew Dougles
  • Portrait
  • 1270 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:20 AM

Achlys...Yeah I was thinking of doing the same thing...I was going to wait for October and try again...because i dont think I was really trying at the sorting questions. Plus, I won't be able to go on pottermore for a week or two since I'm on vacation and the internet here is limited. So I am holding off on pottermore till I go back home. And by the time that happens there would only be a couple days till October. So really I wouldn't lose anything tongue.gif

#356 OFFLINE   Irina L. Hunter

Irina L. Hunter

Owner of Mousehole - Ottery St. Catchpole

• Shopkeeper
  • 1061 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:51 AM

I finally checked my email today and surprise for me, my welcome email and then I had forgotten my password so I had to get a new one. . . I blame them!

Anyway, I was sorted into . . . Gryffindor . . . I always knew I wasn't a Ravenclaw and my wand is very nice but I am not about to try brewing a potion until I get up in the morning, oh it is morning, okay when I wake up. I like all the interesting facts and extra info. Fun!

#357 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:58 AM

I'm starting to give up with the Pottermore and the damn welcome email... isn't the site going to open for everybody soon, anyways?

#358 OFFLINE   Nathalie Deveraux

Nathalie Deveraux
  • Ravenclaw 1st Year
  • 1128 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:44 AM

You'll get your email soon Timotej. So we need to wait until CoS is opened to explore the area? I dont get it.

Damaged cauldrons: around 4.

Edited by Nathalie Deveraux, 10 September 2011 - 06:44 AM.

#359 OFFLINE   Katheryne Jane Henley

Katheryne Jane Henley
  • Slytherin 7th Year
  • 903 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:47 AM

*squees* I finally got in! CrimsonRose72 wink.gif

#360 OFFLINE   Marshie Padua

Marshie Padua
  • Slytherin 6th Year
  • 943 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:35 AM

Got into Pottermore! I'm sorted to Slytherin! Gosh, AGAIN> Maybe I'm really a SLY! But sadly, the site is down for the moment. Cant wait for it to be back. Anyways, add me guys. Its PumpkinAsh109