Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

I Had The Most Horrific Experience...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dylan Gladston

Dylan Gladston

Owner of Bâoli Club

• Adult
  • 47 posts
  • Wand Type:Alderwood, Dragon Claw Core, 11 3/4 inches
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

The two people shall be nameless, but they run another HP site together...They assume that I am on their HP site and the proceed to boss me around about changing the play by on my Facebook account. Now, I hate drama, but these two drama queens took it to a whole other level... Rude, lacking respect, failure to take responsibility, and being above the need to apologize, these two defended their snarky comments to the end. They have plummeted in my book. Anyone have similar situations?

#2 OFFLINE   Fern Martin

Fern Martin
  • Gryffindor 7th Year
  • 1558 posts
  • LocationAt the Dueling Arena
  • Wand Type:13 & 3/4" Ebony with Unicorn Core, Subtle.
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

No I have not. Just brush it off, I mean as much as I have been a veteran on this site now, I really don't pour my heart and soul into this site and take it serious to a whole other level. Besides, I have 2 jobs AND an internship to take care of. Definitely much more important, not to bash the site, Im just being honest. There has been certain 'wars' on this site and another from what I have heard in the past. Fortunately, I did not get into the mix. Do you have an account on their site? Or how did they manage to contact you? If it was here, you certainly have the option to block them. If it was on facebook, you definitely have options to block them. No offense to everyone and this site, but I mean this is for fun, if someones is harassing you about something like this site, just waft them aside. They probably don't have really anything relevant going on in their lives.

Which, speaking of harassment, it is a criminal act to use the Internet to torment, stalk, intimidate or otherwise distress a person. Laws in most countries have been set in place to prevent acts such as this. Penalties and punishments vary from state to state and country to country, but the basic idea is universal. Convictions vary anywhere from fines, to community service, being detained and depending on the severity, definite lock-up time. If the victim made any attempt to prevent further harassment and the other party continues to push their acts, more action can be taken legally.

If you would like to chat more about this, please do NOT hesitate to PM me/send me a message, and that goes out to anyone reading this. Fern's ambition is to become and Auror and his writer also has a passion for the Law and Justice, it only goes hand in hand. I hope I have been of uttermost aid. :)
  • Dylan Gladston likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Dylan Gladston

Dylan Gladston

Owner of Bâoli Club

• Adult
  • 47 posts
  • Wand Type:Alderwood, Dragon Claw Core, 11 3/4 inches
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Just so I am clear, they were from a different site. I have no active charries on their site. I agree with everything you said, thank you. Just wanted to open up a discussion if people needed to commiserate. :)

#4 OFFLINE   Fern Martin

Fern Martin
  • Gryffindor 7th Year
  • 1558 posts
  • LocationAt the Dueling Arena
  • Wand Type:13 & 3/4" Ebony with Unicorn Core, Subtle.
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:55 AM

Oh, psssh not a problem haha. Bullying has really become an issue in our society, now more than ever. In New Jersey there is a law set in motion against bullying. Not that I am saying you are bullied, but from what it sounds like, it may be the case. Anyway, aside from providing fun in "another world" here on hogwarts Online, I hope we can all, as a site, aid each other in RL situations. I mean, there is a real Dumbeldore's Army which handles issues and problems in real life. Check them out online. I hope this site helps people in life as well as providing a fun experience on the side. Help each other out, thats what we are here for.

Edited by Fern Martin, 14 November 2013 - 12:56 AM.

#5 Guest_Arijana Crouch_*

Guest_Arijana Crouch_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

Didnt quite get where your getting at but for me those are minor things. Being a member here for a longer while ( I think 08-09 ), I have been witness or heard about wars or people getting in brawls hell we even had a cre-cre person try and delete this whole site and all of the characters,and not on one occasion did this person try this.  I never got why any brawlings happened, this is a creative site, so Im at a loss how anyone can take it so seriously as to hate a member for whatever reason.

There are some players of some characters I have really grown to love and I consider them friends and not characters whom I RP with, but I cant say I ever ''hated '' anyones guts thats just dumb as hell.

Edited by Arijana Crouch, 24 August 2014 - 09:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users