Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

New Bank

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Heather Previtera

Heather Previtera

Werewolf

• Adult
  • 774 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:31 PM

For the improved Gringotts, I have a couple questions...

1. There's a 'collect interest' button, and being a student with no (or rare) other way for an income (... well there's posting now I guess), I deposit my galleons. However, when I tried to collect the interest, it didn't work. Even after I refreshed the page, went to a different page and came back... Nothing.

2. Are sickles and knuts completely gone now?

3. I know there's some sort of transfer of old vault accounts coming over, but it was mentioned in a couple different places and the wording was slightly different in each, so I'm confused:
Do we repurchase what we had before (and be paid back for the loss)? Or are the items getting moved over as well?

4. I have a new account that I recentely made on the new site, but I notice that she has a considerably lesser amount of money to start off with than my first character did on the old site. Why is that?

(maybe I should have been in Ravenclaw for all the questions I'm asking! Only joking, I love being in Gryffindor wink.gif)

#2 OFFLINE   Nicholas Volynski

Nicholas Volynski
  • Adult
  • 872 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Heather Previtera @ Jul 6 2011, 05:31 PM)
For the improved Gringotts, I have a couple questions...

1. There's a 'collect interest' button, and being a student with no (or rare) other way for an income (... well there's posting now I guess), I deposit my galleons. However, when I tried to collect the interest, it didn't work. Even after I refreshed the page, went to a different page and came back... Nothing.

2. Are sickles and knuts completely gone now?

3. I know there's some sort of transfer of old vault accounts coming over, but it was mentioned in a couple different places and the wording was slightly different in each, so I'm confused:
Do we repurchase what we had before (and be paid back for the loss)? Or are the items getting moved over as well?

4. I have a new account that I recentely made on the new site, but I notice that she has a considerably lesser amount of money to start off with than my first character did on the old site. Why is that?

(maybe I should have been in Ravenclaw for all the questions I'm asking! Only joking, I love being in Gryffindor wink.gif)

1. You can only collect once a week, so check back in a week.

2. Pretty much, Yes.

3. I believe all items will be transferred over by Ann and those working on it. Please be patient. They are all very busy people and transferring things over as fast as they can.

4. The new set amount is right, I believe you are start out with 50 galleons now, but you used to start out with like 298 or something, but 50 is what it is now, count your blessings that you got the higher amount on your old account. 50 is plenty for the very low costs of things now.

#3 OFFLINE   Odessa Aberswyth

Odessa Aberswyth
  • Slytherin 2nd Year
  • 499 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:47 PM

I noticed that today it seemed the number of galleons you receive for each post (at 50 words or more) went from 1 galleon to 5 galleons. This isn't a glitch, right?

EDIT: Also, if I purchase a house elf in the store, does that sort of act as my being allowed to RP as them, or does that come with an actual house elf character to RP with?

Edited by Odessa Aberswyth, 06 July 2011 - 05:48 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   Heather Previtera

Heather Previtera

Werewolf

• Adult
  • 774 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

As to getting to RP them, no you don't. There's someone else who RPs them.

I don't know about the 5 galleons thing.

@Prof. Volynski: Thanks smile.gif

#5 OFFLINE   Lucija Fulbright

Lucija Fulbright

Ravenclaw Alumni; Healing Hands

• Adult
  • 2909 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:37 PM

In the old site you started with 100 Galleons basically (98G 17S 493K), so it was only cut by half. Then again, on the old site, you didn't get 'free' Galleons just for RP'ing. + Quizzes. + Bank Interest (+ Lotto Winnings?). Easier to earn money -> less need for so much at the start, yeah?

EDIT: 300G (298G 17S 493K) for adults, like the Prof. said. But I think they're still working out wages for the many different adult jobs out there, so it's not like they'll stay poor. (But agreed that it should probably be bumped up to 100G or 200G, depending on cost-of-living, but makes more sense than having them start the same as students... right?)

Edited by Lucija Fulbright, 06 July 2011 - 07:07 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   Samuel McKinley

Samuel McKinley
  • Gryffindor 2nd Year
  • 393 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Odessa Aberswyth @ Jul 6 2011, 05:47 PM)

EDIT: Also, if I purchase a house elf in the store, does that sort of act as my being allowed to RP as them, or does that come with an actual house elf character to RP with?

I thought only adults can purchase House Elves.

QUOTE (Lucija Fulbright @ Jul 6 2011, 07:37 PM)
(+ Lotto Winnings?)

I won the lotto last week, only 10 G but you go get it within a day or two.

#7 OFFLINE   Heather Previtera

Heather Previtera

Werewolf

• Adult
  • 774 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

Update! The 5 galleons thing must not be a glitch, because I am getting 5G for each 'substantial' post.

Yeah, but for adults, it's kinda bummer to not have more than 50-ish for a start. It's gonna take a while to get enough to buy a house =P

#8 OFFLINE   Nicholas Volynski

Nicholas Volynski
  • Adult
  • 872 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

The 5 Galleon part isn't a glitch. It was set to that.

As for house elves, they are only for adults since you really can't own a house elf while at school tongue.gif

And Professors will quickly make their money after a month of being a professor, don't worry.

P.S. I won three tickets in the last lottery for a total of 120 galleons! Woot! tongue.gif

#9 OFFLINE   Prof. Aine MacArthur

Prof. Aine MacArthur

Telepathy

• Hogwarts Professors
  • Others: Gryffindor Affiliate, Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 581 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:41 PM

The more substantial posts seem to be "worth" more because, well, speaking as someone who's been at this whole rp thing for a while, they are! The more words to your post, the more information and detail you give, the more fun rp can be! it's like reading a novel really, the more detail an author puts in, the more it comes to life! Isn't that why we all love HP in the first place?

#10 OFFLINE   Andrew Bishop

Andrew Bishop
  • Adult
  • 2655 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

That's not entirely true. I make substantial posts in my class and only get one galleon, all of my characters are the same, shopkeeper and student. So I don't know if that is a glitch or what.

#11 OFFLINE   Heather Previtera

Heather Previtera

Werewolf

• Adult
  • 774 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:00 PM

@Prof. Volynski: It's monthly pay now? I thought it was termly or you know...

@Prof. MacArthur: Yeah. That's true smile.gif I just mean that the ones that are 50 words or less aren't worth anything. I think.

@Prof. Volynski: Thanks for letting us know that extremely important information xD If my character gets to know you better, I'll expect something good for her birthday tongue.gif

Edit:
@Prof. Bishop: Hmm. Maybe there are some glitches. Because I think what I wrote above was more than 50 words, but I didn't get any G. Maybe it's specific to where you post, as well as how much?

Edited by Heather Previtera, 06 July 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#12 Guest_Selena Mariana Floriani_*

Guest_Selena Mariana Floriani_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:56 AM

Same as prof. Bishop, no matter how substantial my post is I get only 1 galleon. And now I'm confused about all that thing. Is this a glitch or not?

#13 OFFLINE   Prof. Raiden Li

Prof. Raiden Li

Official Ravenclaw Alumnus, Chi Manipulation, Legilimency, Magical Resistance; HongKong Royalty, Animagus

• Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 5339 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:38 AM

Mine is 1 g too.

#14 OFFLINE   Marianne Hayley

Marianne Hayley
  • Adult
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:57 AM

Me and my chars also used to get only 1 galleon no matter how long the post but now I'm starting to get 5 galleons again. But yeah, every time I post in any class for Kathy she gets 5G. So what is up with that?

Edited by Marianne Hayley, 07 July 2011 - 07:59 AM.

#15 OFFLINE   Prof. Branwen Cille

Prof. Branwen Cille
  • Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 2579 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:26 AM

IF you go into your account at the bank, you can see what you are paid for your posts. Left menu, down at the bottom. Also, you used to only get post counts when the posting was done in RP topics, not RL topics or question/answer topics.

Edited by Prof. Branwen Cille, 07 July 2011 - 10:58 AM.

#16 OFFLINE   Cyrus Gabryelle Santivanez

Cyrus Gabryelle Santivanez
  • Adult
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

Thank you for the clarification.

#17 OFFLINE   Heather Previtera

Heather Previtera

Werewolf

• Adult
  • 774 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

Do you think the skin has anything to do with it?
I know for other situations, people have debated whether or not the skin was the cause or not, and I really didn't see it as being a reason before, but... I'm just throwing ideas out there now.
(Having nothing better to do, I'm going to go check)

#18 OFFLINE   Nicholas Volynski

Nicholas Volynski
  • Adult
  • 872 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

There is practically no way that the skin has anything to do with what galleons your are getting. That is all in the backend of the system and has nothing to do with the appearance of the board.

#19 OFFLINE   Heather Previtera

Heather Previtera

Werewolf

• Adult
  • 774 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

So, my galleons got updated, but there's still nothing from my old account in my current inventory (am I supposed to re-buy the items?). Also, if that is the case, I didn't get any reimbursement for the lost items.

If we aren't supposed to get repayment or anything like that though, I'm not complaining, I'm just curious/confused.

And, I don't feel like making another topic, and it kind of goes hand-in-hand (no pun intended). For buying new wands, you're only supposed to buy one core now, correct? Opposed to the old site where you could choose up to three.

#20 OFFLINE  

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

As for your inventory, there are people working on it but it will take time. Please be patient.

As for the wand thing, it is my impression that you can only have one core now however, I'm only guessing.