Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Howdy Doody

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Bianca Blakely_*

Guest_Bianca Blakely_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:48 AM

Well, i have to admit i feel great about not being the oldest person around here :D
I'm Lucia, I'll be a quarter of a century old just as the next year is on. I'm a certified English as a second language teacher and work both in primary school and in a language institute.
I'm from Uruguay (little country between Argentina and Brazil, might have heard of us in the last fifa world cup) but I'm planning to move to Scotland and study Speech and Language therapy next year.
I'm a Dork with capital D and proud to be, I love computer games, board games, role playing games and books in all their genres... i don't try and be girly anymore but once i stopped trying it just started happening!
I've been in a relationship for almost five years now which is going absolutely no where but i can't help but love the immature git... so i took a plane (3 actually) to Ireland to visit my best friend to see if things magically sort themselves out in my head, which they haven't yet, maybe because I found this site and is easier to post pretending to be eleven years old than go out there and make a life-changing decision, isn't it?
I won't say I feel less guilty now I've written it out, and I apologise for the unnecessarily sensitive rant, but I had to vent it somehow.
I'll take in my responsibility to return the favour of crazy-rant-reading to everyone who'd like to peruse the chance

#22 OFFLINE   Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Slytherin Alumni

• Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 2315 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:22 AM

This a great place to forget about your worries for awhile :D

#23 Guest_Emalee Davis_*

Guest_Emalee Davis_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

Well my name is Stephanie and i am 29 years old. I am not looking forward to 30 AT ALL! I am pretty sad to leave my 20's because even though the beg. of my 20's sucked, these past 4 years have been amazing. I am not married and yet to have any kids. (just 2 dogs. A pug and a mix of a chihuahua and jack Russell) I started RPing because of my bestfriend(Most of you probably know her, Vivi aka Ashlee Black). She one day asked me to go on a site she used to RP at to vote for her for some contest. So i registered, voted for her and then before i knew it i was on rping on a cliff doing who knows what. I made fun of her a lot until i discovered how addicting it really was. At the time i was with my ex fiance and i was very unhappy. It's just hard to leave someone when you own a house and have a life (i am sure most of you know where i am coming from)Any how, i think RP helped me get through it and after 6 years i finally just ended things, sold my house and started over (i was 24) Now i am very happy, I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years now (it will actually be 3 years on July 4rth) He was a very good friend of mine before we started a relationship, so it was an easy start. I stopped RPing for a while but a friend of mine asked me to come back..So here i am <3 I am happy HO has this adult OOC thing because it's nice to meet other people that have the same mind set. Well i think you guys have read enough. So hope to speak to you guys soon. I do have YIM so feel free to add me! (Rici i added you, i actually wanted to speak to you, so when you have a chance add. Thanks!)

#24 OFFLINE   Cassandra Vandale

Cassandra Vandale

Gryffindor Alumni, Telepath, Philanthropist

• Adult
  • 12658 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade
  • Wand Type:10 1/2' Ash with Unicorn Tail hair, Whippy
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:53 AM

Oh yeah and I'm a displaced Jersey girl and anyone in Indiana that knows me has seen my attitude.  I think I snapped some ladies head off when she ran my credit and said I lived in Newark.  She quickly shut up and went on reviewing the credit with no more mention of that false info.  Yes, I watch Jersey Shore, I grew up on that beach and know it inside out.  And I have nothing nice to say about those stupid Yanks on there.  Or last season they added a noob who lives like 20 minutes from there to begin with and was playing the wanna be New Yorker :)  *shuts up now*

HAHAHA the Newark part cracked me up so much! And all of them are wanna-be's. I can't watch that garbage it makes me want to tear my eyes out! But I love going down the shore I practically live there during the summer. . .nothing like the jersey shore.

Uhm I guess I'll give a little info about myself . . .

- My name is Stephanie (Oh, no! Not another one. . .)
- I just recently turned 21
- I'm a born and bred Jersey girl. I'm extremely proud to be from Jersey despite all the stupid jokes everyone else makes about the state. . .haters. And no, I'd rather not pump my own gas. Kay thanks.
- I'm obnoxious as hell, am a horrible sailor mouth, sarcastic, but I swear I'm like nice once you get to know me.
- I used to work at a law firm in the city but am currently unemployed and collecting. . .so I get to enjoy my summer ,(finally after like 3 years), and now my schedule mostly consists on going to the gym, baking myself in the sun, partying, and spending most of my weekends dts (down the shore ;P)
- I'm entering my senior year of college and am majoring in Legal Studies. I have a long way to go because after I want to get into law school, so I'll be in school for a few more years. . .that or I'll marry a rich man- wishful thinking, wishful thinking ha!
- On that note I do not want to have kids or get married anytime soon. Let me stick to just going on dates and all that jazz; no commitments and you reap the perks of free stuff!
- I've been on HO for the last five years my anniversary is actual the day before my birthday, so I don't think I can ever forget. Cassandra is my first character I've ever made and she is and will forever be my favorite. I'm usually on hiatus and my activity is sporadic and doesn't last very long but I always come back here if only just to cure five minutes of boredom or go back down nostalgia road.
- No one knows I roleplay and I'll never tell anyone because I'm sorry peeps but when you think about it, it's freakin' weird. That said, I have had the privilege of getting to know some really great people who have become close friends of mine. Some have gone and unfortunately I've lost contact with but the ones I talk to on a daily basis you guys are pretty epic.

Edited by Cassandra Krum, 02 July 2011 - 09:30 AM.

#25 OFFLINE   Ivy Borden

Ivy Borden

Slytherin Alumna

• Dark Wizard
  • Others: Adult
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Wand Type:12 inch Cypress wood; Hellhound and Veela Hair cores
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

- I'm obnoxious as hell, am a horrible sailor mouth, sarcastic, but I swear I'm like nice once you get to know me.

SO true! You could have left it at that...bahaha <3

#26 OFFLINE   Prof. Rici Devlin

Prof. Rici Devlin
  • Others: Portrait
  • 25050 posts
  • Locationbetween here and there
  • Relationship Status:Widowed

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

Haha, my boyfriend is still trying to get me to stop using the F-word....it's not working.

And to the other Steph, just saw your message now. *IMs*

#27 Guest_Iolanthe Blackbird_*

Guest_Iolanthe Blackbird_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:55 AM

Well I'm Katarin, I'm 21 in November. I have a beautiful daughter who's 17 months and has my crazy celtic-saxon personality. My fiance and I have been together for 4 years and are getting married next month much to my family's disgust. I'm Australian...sort of. I'm second-gen, my granddam is an ex-pat. I'm actually fluent in Gaelic and can read Latin with only small difficulties and I'm a complete history buff. I'm always the loud crazy one of my friends and hold our groups jager-bomb contest record.
I love sports but I can't play much as I have had the lovely glandular fever along with an auto-immune disease called Lupus for years. I made Prima in ballet at 16.

I'm currently training as a mental health nurse but hope to go into midwifery or oncology eventually.

I HATE summer. I have Scottish skin and have already had 8 skin cancers cut out. The joys of living in the melanoma capital of the world.

I'm the oldest of my mam's 7 kids to 6 different fathers. Lovely woman, that one.

Oh and I love 70s-early 90's glamrock.

Edited by Iolanthe Blackbird, 08 July 2011 - 04:02 AM.

#28 Guest_Emily Coldsteel_*

Guest_Emily Coldsteel_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:59 AM

Well...

*My name is Rose.
*I'm well into my 30's and the mom of an awesome 11 almost 12 year old boy. A ginger that thinks HP is for nerds, but pokemon should rule the world. I can't complain cause we still play together all the time.
*I'm 15 years married, 11 years of trying to get divorced (grumbles), rather stuck in a relationship with my son's Dad, and madly in love with my best friend.
*I have traveled to and spent time in all but 4 of the U.S. continental states.
*I've been homeless in Minnesota for over 6 months now & can't seem to find a real job to save my live.
*My health is mostly good & while I fight with the sun on an almost daily basis I'd rather burn then ever see snow again.
*I have absolutely no musical talent, but I love to write and sculpt and play with my camera.
*I think I past my 5 year anniversary here on HO without even noticing it happened.
*Thanks to a fun combination of bipolar and panic attacks I am now mother to the most wonderful therapy dog. A 90lbs Husky that is often mistaken for being a wolf. We also have 2 small grey cats that come when called and play fetch better than the dog.
*I'm also an ordained minister, but have the hardest time keeping my mouth and my bad habits in check. Or understanding why I have to drive to another state to marry my bestie girl friend to her long term girlfriend when we all live here in town.
*If it wasn't for student loans I would be back in school for the rest of my life.

I'm sure there is more, but it's almost 5 am... My brain stopped working.

#29 OFFLINE   Edward de Cruce

Edward de Cruce
  • Hufflepuff 7th Year
  • 731 posts
  • LocationTrying to kick my twin down to the ground. Lol.
  • Wand Type:16" Fir with Leprechaun Hair
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:In a Relationship

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

I know I did this before...

-------------------------------------------------------------------* Name's Eri. Though people are calling me Angel too.
* 22 years old young
* Been through a lot of jobs and just got kicked from the last one
* Best friends with Nicholas Raio's pilot iRL
* Arcade gamer
* Drummer
* Writer
* Closet hopeless romantic
* Food blogger
* College undergrad, stupid final semester, profs love me so much they failed me
* Otaku
* Insomniac
* Pocky Monster. YES, this is also HER. *shot*
* In an extremely complicated pseudo relationship with my last ex-boyfriend who's gotten so close that we treat each other like siblings now but the love is still there, at least for me. D*mn guy doesn't know how to reciprocate >_>
* Cosplayer
* Still living with my family
* Lives halfway around the world so I'm online when most of you guys aren't
My other characters on this site:

A Claw and a Shop Keep. I have another one but under reasons of confidentiality (as this specific one is owned by the site) I cannot, and will choose not to, reveal who it is.

Edited by Edward de Cruce, 09 July 2011 - 07:28 PM.

#30 OFFLINE   Jaelexus Bryant

Jaelexus Bryant

Hufflepuff 4th Year

• Inactive Member
  • 582 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:53 PM

Most of yall

My names Martika and I am 21
+Currently I am going to Metropolitan Community College: Penn Valley
+I am going there for my RN
+I completed (got my trade) at Excelsior Springs Job Corps
+I go through Job Corps to go to the college
+Before august 2010 (when i started at JC) i was married for one month and a year.
+We divorced and now i am dating this good man since August.
+We might be getting married in december if he gets his shiz together
+oh I might be pregant too...

so much going on and so little time.. but HO is the only thing that keeps me sane and after a year or so away I am glad I am back :)

I play Jaelexus Bryant, Amarali Moncried, and soon Allegra Anderson (soon as Dakota sets her up for me :angry: )

#31 OFFLINE   Ziva David

Ziva David

Ravenclaw Alumni

• Adult
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSomerset, England
  • Wand Type:Silverwood, Veela Hair, 12 Inches
  • Blood Status:Creature
  • Relationship Status:Complicated

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

* My name is Bonnie and I am twenty eight :D for at least a few more months.
* I have two boys, Ronan (6) and Maddox (4). Ronan named after the Centaur from HP.
* Next month I will have been married for 8 years. I owe my kids, as the reason I am not divorced right now. My personal experience and the number of couples in the military that I know, that are now divorced, that if you were supposed to be married in the military, the military would issue you a spouse. With that said, I am still married and hoping things only get better from here.
* I've recently moved away from the US, and back to England in May. I was born here and grew up in Europe (England, Germany, and Italy) until the age of 17. The last decade I have lived in Arizona, Arkansas, Illinois, California, and Hawaii. My family is still back in the US, my husband is working on his visa and is supposed to be here in two weeks. My kids are coming in September. I miss my family, but being back here in England has solidified my years of wanting to come back. I feel more at home here than I did in the last year in the US.
* I just got hired this week at a salon, so yay for finding a job in a new place. I also own my own business as a Fashion Lifestyle & Portrait Photographer. I like creative things.
* With always moving so much, I'm in the cycle of always having to make new friends. I joined HO in 2005, and I owe the site for one of my closest friends that I have had the longest.
* I cannot be without my iPhone. In the US I was a huge text-er. Now that I'm not texting anyone, I still cannot be with out because I'm taking photos on it daily. I take a lot of photos, whether it be for art or documenting life.
* I'm a huge Doctor Who and Torchwood fan.
* I love tattoos, I only have two thus far. A small star outline on my foot and the F111E on my forearm, the plane my dad flew in the Gulf War, as a memorial for him after he was killed 3 years ago.
* I have labeled myself as a 'flexitarian'. I've been a vegetarian and a die hard vegan many times in my life. I will eat meat now, just not very often. I've done a lot research on how what you eat, correlates with your health, seen the effect of how food can dramatically change behavioral issues with children, and I have a friend who is beating cancer by just changing her diet dramatically.
* I keep going back to running...as much as I hate it...I keep chasing after that 'Runner's High' that I got once. But I prefer Yoga and Pilates.
* Dream job would be a fashion photography assignment for Vogue, or a Documentary Photography job shooting in third world countries, refugee camps, war torn countries, etc.
* I was the last person in my family to read Harry Potter. My sister is 5.5 years younger than me and she read the first two first, followed quickly by my parents who wanted to know what she was reading. I got tired of feeling left out at the dinner table as they discussed Quidditch, so I quickly joined the bandwagon. I grew up with Harry Potter through high school and now to having my own kids, and reading the books to them as been so much fun. I've made the rule that we have to read the book before we watch the film, and its been awesome reliving it through them.
* I love football (the real kind), and Aresnal is my team! I hope to see them play now I'm in England.

Edited by Ziva David, 17 July 2011 - 04:41 PM.

#32 OFFLINE   Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Slytherin Alumni

• 2315 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:50 AM

If you get up here to an Arsenal game, let me know, I am only about 20 - 25 mins away :P We can be iPhone nerds together

#33 OFFLINE   Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey

Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey
  • Portrait
  • 4124 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

Fine since I am sure everyone wants to hear from me or Penny might beat me to this and do it for me. At least I don't think I have posted here yet...
  • Name is Sa'dah but very few people call me that any more. I am known by Sadi or the Sadist (yes I did those graphics)
  • I have known my partner (Gab) for eleven years now.
  • Penny Lane has been my rl best mate for somewhere around eleven, ten or nine years I lost count after five.
  • I am with Bonnie on the tattoos and I have five. A dragon on my lower spine a rose at the top of my spine an alpha and omega inner left wrist and a 29 with my birth symbol in it on my inner right ankle. I want more.
  • I never had a career goal always wanted to travel. I have touched nearly every 48 land locked state, been all over Canada and through parts of Mexico.
  • I am not as big as a Potter as other people... I know shocking. I only read them because I was stuck in the hospital with infected kidneys.
  • None of my rl friends but two have even read Potter. (Penny does not count in this)
  • I suffer from an highly over active imagination so I rp so I don't have nightmares.
  • For those who don't know I have had to live with Lymphatic Cancer since I was four. This is stage one cancer that can turn in to nasty stuff like Breast Cancer and Lymphoma. I recently did the final stages of gene therapy and it was the first time in 25 years that all the cancer cells in my blood came back inactive. I cried.
  • As a result of the above I had to go through all the childhood shots again and ended up with the measles >.< my eyes are still getting better from this.
  • I tend to ramble
  • I tend to be random, if you want to see random and are a FB Friend check out my links.
  • Penny will tell you I am a well rounded person who has interests in all kinds of things and if I don't know the answer to something like what is the Captial of Zimbabwe (which is Harare) then I will look it up.
  • If I ever seem to get mad at you trust me leave be for a little bit and I usually forget what you upset me over or why I even yelled at you.
  • I can't hate people it takes too much energy
  • I am with Bonnie on the diet thing but mine is from years of meds and things like that. I eat most veg and some vegan with meat like tuna and salmon.
  • I have a Chef's degree so if you ever want to talk about food... yum food... I am always down.
  • I am a classic artist having learn drawing and painting since primary school and dark room photography in high school and college. Most of those cool graphic things people do on the computer I can most likely do it by hand.
  • Sci-Fi is my TV of choice but we don't have TV.
  • Love anything British
  • Been on HO steady since 2007
  • Um... think that is everything if I missed something sure other people will fill it in for me.

#34 OFFLINE   Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Slytherin Alumni

• 2315 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

I can attest to the staying mad thing... how many times have we fought? We don't even make up, we just go on like nothing ever happened.

11 years, lady. 11!

#35 OFFLINE   Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey

• Portrait
  • 4124 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

Longest time not speaking was a month and it was really because she got a new job and I was working a new shift pluse several weddings (blah) we were also mad at each other

Oh forgot that anyone who believes Eric when he tells you I am 23 or 24 he is lying. I am older than that by a few years even though age never really mattered to me

#36 OFFLINE   Brigette Shapiro

Brigette Shapiro

Unemployed - Hufflepuff Alumni

• Adult
  • 250 posts
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

I didn't even know this topic was here, but as I'm stalking Penny around HO [not really xD] I found it!

>My real name is Ashley, like quite a few other members on the site and alot of girls born around the same time as me haha
>I am 25 for just 30 more days, then obviously I turn 26...though I act more like I'm 15
>My little brother [who is 15] is my best friend
>I am a Hufflepuff in real life, I drive my family insane constantly finding things that are puff colors and then singing the chorus of "Black and Yellow"....and my nickname of Mama Badger has bled over and I get called that by my family too
>I joined HO in April of 2006 and only was away from HO for a year, though leaving was not exactly my choice
>The only other break I ever took off from HO was when my gallbladder janked out on me and I landed in the hospital for a week and I spent the whole time trying to get on HO via my tiny cell phone.
>I am about to start my final semester of college and graduate with a degree in Language Arts.
>That degree will not really be used as I just bought a bookstore and have decided to focus on running it than pursuing anything else. The bookstore also gave it's name to my characters store in Tinsworth, Buy the Book
>I move so much it is insane, yet despite that I have never been farther east than Idaho. So needless to say I am jealous of those that have traveled.
>I have weird OCD but only on HO, normally I'm a crazy mess all over the place but everything has to be in it's place on HO or I go crazy

#37 OFFLINE   Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey

• Portrait
  • 4124 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:18 PM

OMG same here on the OCD, only on rp sites and my house controled chaos (I blame the fur babies)

#38 OFFLINE   Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Slytherin Alumni

• 2315 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

Who wouldn't want to stalk me?

#39 OFFLINE   Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey

• Portrait
  • 4124 posts