Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Howdy Doody

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Prof. Rici Devlin

Prof. Rici Devlin
  • Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • Others: Portrait
  • 25050 posts
  • Locationbetween here and there
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Widowed

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

Don't ask, it popped in my head :P

This is easy, tell us a little about yourself that you don't mind sharing. We don't want to know what's in your closet.

~ My real name is Erica, I went by Rici in junior high and high school
~ I'm over 30
~ After 3 1/2 years I'm still not divorced <_<
~ I have 3 kids, my oldest is an identical mini-me and will be 10 in August
~ Second oldest turned 8 this year. She was born 2 1/2 months early and only weighed 3 pounds.
~ My youngest will be 7....:D wow, a few days after Christmas this year. He needs his arse beat. :P
~ I lost another baby, Gemini (my second alum here's name). She would've been 12 the same day Lexi turned 8. Both of them had the same complications, except Lexi lived. 3/13 is a birth and death day in this house.
~ I put myself back in college when I was getting ready to leave the jerk, talk about hard with the whole single mom, 3 small kids, full time student, only able to work part time, not fun, still isn't
~ I graduated last August with an Associates in Veterinary Technology. I take my national exam next month and I better pass, it cost $300.
~ Pets....I have a lot. Down to 4 cats now, lol, 2 dogs, snake, and some fish. Currently looking for sugar gliders for my awesome free iguana corner hut. And a tarantula for my son's spider fears
~ Not working right now....unemployment can kiss my arse since it's been 3 months and it's still being held in another state. So I'm stressed badly alot. My last job has me going to court to testify against the doctor, that should be just lovely.
~ The last month I've had a crash in the health department. We're waiting on blood tests in the next day or so, but both tests would be long term health issues with no cure. I don't know if I'll be able to work now that I got a degree besides being a vet receptionist. Depends on what it is and what kinds of meds I get. (that may be too personal for some of you, but many members on here already know anyhow).
~ I blame my obsession and love of wolves since I was little if I do have Lupus. (coincidentally, Rici has a child named Cameron Lupus too)
~ Yes, I'm a ginger and so are 2 of my kids. I can snap off when pushed hard enough. Leading to some of those long rants you've all seen me post in the announcements in the past.
~ My little family has started geocaching recently, and are always on the look-out for those evil muggles who may be spying. Though walking is not the best thing for me right now till I get on meds.

#2 OFFLINE   Sterling A. Matthews

Sterling A. Matthews

Gryffindor Alumnus

• Adult
  • 225 posts
  • LocationHolyhead
  • Wand Type:10 3/4" Poplar wood w/ Basilisk tongue, Griffin claw & Crup hair core
  • Nickname(s):Sam
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:07 PM

I have a friend who has Lupus. She is in her 60's now and takes a lot of meds. She worked for a long while and as far as I know she still does. I hope you are okay. My cousin had her own scare with possibly breast cancer but her biopsy came back benign(it is Lucy). Anyway, I may add more later. I have my own medical problems with PTSD from a year deployment to Afghanistan. I'm on disability now and trying to go to school. I have three kids: One when I was sixteen and gave him up for adoption to my aunt and uncle. One, a girl who is five and she lives in New Orleans and just had a new one about three weeks ago and he's wonderful!

#3 Guest_Vyvyan Moore_*

Guest_Vyvyan Moore_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

- I'm nearly 22, and I like the fact that I'm pretty much exactly 10 years older than my character.
- I'm currently in college, looking to eventually begin work on a Masters and PhD in Graeco-Roman languages & literature.
- I have cat named Brody Kyo Destroyer Of Worlds, and a kitten on the way who will either be named Dobby The House Elf or Dalek Kaan.
- I'm moving into a new apartment in three days.
- Single, with no babies. Trying to keep it that way for as long as I can.
- Aside from geek stuff, I really like punk, hardcore, skramz, and real emo.
- I own the elder wand.

Edited by Vyvyan Moore, 16 June 2011 - 10:14 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   Ashlyn Middleton

Ashlyn Middleton

Slytherin 2nd Year

• Inactive Member
  • 130 posts
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

I graduated last August with an Associates in Veterinary Technology

That's what I plan on majoring in once I get out of highschool!Just thought I'd say that!(;

#5 OFFLINE   Prof. Rici Devlin

Prof. Rici Devlin
  • 25050 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

And to think I'm horrible to remember to take pills. I'm not a fan of being on meds, but I'm going to have to now. And congrats on the new baby!! I can no longer have anymore and I like it that way.

Yay for more animal professionals. I'm always willing to help with studying in that field. Since I took a nice long 10+ year break from school, I was able to focus better and get near straight A's for my kids to see and hopefully pick up off of. I tried right after high school....and college life got the better of me and I dropped out since I lost my scholarship.

Oh yeah and I'm a displaced Jersey girl and anyone in Indiana that knows me has seen my attitude. I think I snapped some ladies head off when she ran my credit and said I lived in Newark. She quickly shut up and went on reviewing the credit with no more mention of that false info. Yes, I watch Jersey Shore, I grew up on that beach and know it inside out. And I have nothing nice to say about those stupid Yanks on there. Or last season they added a noob who lives like 20 minutes from there to begin with and was playing the wanna be New Yorker :P *shuts up now*

#6 OFFLINE   Lysander Scamander

Lysander Scamander

Hogwarts Canon

• Adult
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

i am horrible at doing these, but here we go.

- My name is Eric
- I am 23 years young, until october 14th
- favorite season is winter, because i LOVE LOVE LOVE the cold weather/snow
- live in Northern Virginia now, but used to live in Massachusetts, hence the above statement.
- in 2007 i went to an 8 week broadcasting school, which i am still in the hunt for a job in radio/tv broadcasting (more so radio. was told i have the voice to be a DJ)
- worked at walgreens pharmacy since 2005, and probably not leaving until i get a new job, since nowadays it is hard to find anything in the job hunt :P
- have a dog and a cat
- spent a few years in a few different hospitals, because of some sickness i have that no one knows what is wrong with me :)
- went to australia for 21 days in 2005 RIGHT after i graduated high school, and would like to go again, once i retrieve 6,000 dollars again >.>
- graduated high school in 2005, if the above statement was not obvious :P
- doubt i want kids, since we are all mentioning having or wanting them xD.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='xD' />
- just got done watching the hellraiser movies, and think i wanna dress up as pinhead for halloween to scare the young kids :P
- i take meds and at times am loopy because of them...so if i make no sense when talking to you, that is why :P
- that is basically all about me :/

Edited by Lysander Scamander, 17 June 2011 - 12:18 AM.

• Scarlet Boyd likes this

#7 OFFLINE   Finley Knoll

Finley Knoll
  • Slytherin 4th Year
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:25 AM

My brother graduated in 2005. Although he's going to be 24 because he started kindergarten late. Well, I always thought you were old or something! 23 isn't bad at all! *Is also Lexa, in case you forgot, since you do a lot :) *

Also, I stayed at my cousin in Hawaii has two kids and I just spent two weeks with them, so little kids are on my mind anyway. They just sound so annoying!

#8 OFFLINE   Prof. Rici Devlin

Prof. Rici Devlin
  • 25050 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

Finley's celeb creeps me out. Too many features remind me of my ex-boyfriend-stalker who almost got a restraining order. Will not RP with Finley, lol.

#9 OFFLINE   Lysander Scamander

Lysander Scamander

Hogwarts Canon

• Adult
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

yes finley, i forgot you were lexa....and i am sure you told me that before :), and pfttt 23 is so olddddddd

#10 OFFLINE   Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Slytherin Alumni

• 2315 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:34 AM

- My name is Amber
- I am 31 yrs old
- Caro introduced me to my husband of 3 years
- We have two kids, River, 3 and Willow, 1
- I grew up in Cali and moved to England a little more than 2 yrs ago
- Caro is my bestie and we have been rping together for 11 yrs
- I am going through a cookie making streak
- My fave food is chicken cesar salad
- My fave colour is orange

Edited by Prof. Penny Lane, 17 June 2011 - 09:41 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   Ivy Borden

Ivy Borden

Slytherin Alumna

• Dark Wizard
  • Others: Adult
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Wand Type:12 inch Cypress wood; Hellhound and Veela Hair cores

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

-My name is Liz.
-I turned 24 last month.
-I live in Virginia and think that driving up to Northern Virginia is like driving into a whole new state.
-When it comes to the VT-UVa rivalry...I will forever choose VT.
-I am a HUGE football fan...
-I have a B.S in Biology and am working on my Master's.
-Vet school is next on my agenda. Basically...I'll be in school forever.
-I was in a sorority in college but am totally not your typical sorority girl.
-I got to meet T.Swift before she got super huge. She's totes nice!
-I'm in love with everything Disney and go to Disney World practically every year.
-I've recently gotten into running and have since completed one 5k with two more planned for the Fall.
-While I'm typing this on my one non-Hufflepuff account, my heart belongs in Hufflepuff. Don't snicker...or I'll hug you :P
-I love to travel and my mom is my travel buddy. We've been to England, France, Spain, and Ireland.
-I've kissed the Blarney Stone and it was scary. You have to lie on your back and dangle off the side of the castle to reach it. No joke...
-I Irish dance and my dance partner Sean and I danced in a pub when we went to Ireland. OMG, can we say AMAZING?!?!
-Oh, and since everyone else is talking about kids...yes, I want them. But no time soon...

#12 Guest_Menelvir Gilnaur_*

Guest_Menelvir Gilnaur_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:00 AM

- I'm 22 going on 23. Been feeling rather old recently because I've been hanging out with high school kids... :P
- I'm single... sort of. Maybe the better way to describe it is 'it's complicated'.
- Proud to be Asian. Singaporean, to be specific.
- Graduated with a Bachelors degree in Mathematics recently. As in, really recently; I got the noticed that I passed my final semester just a week ago.
- Obsessed with languages and music. Wish I could play more instruments and speak more languages. :(
- Totally tangent to my character: I like Japanese rock music.
- I like Japanese cooking, but I wish I could make more cute Japanese bentos!

Edited by Menelvir Gilnaur, 17 June 2011 - 11:29 AM.

#13 OFFLINE   Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Slytherin Alumni

• 2315 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

-My name is Liz.
-I turned 24 last month.
-I live in Virginia and think that driving up to Northern Virginia is like driving into a whole new state.
-When it comes to the VT-UVa rivalry...I will forever choose VT.
-I am a HUGE football fan...
-I have a B.S in Biology and am working on my Master's.
-Vet school is next on my agenda.  Basically...I'll be in school forever.
-I was in a sorority in college but am totally not your typical sorority girl.
-I got to meet T.Swift before she got super huge.  She's totes nice!
-I'm in love with everything Disney and go to Disney World practically every year.
-I've recently gotten into running and have since completed one 5k with two more planned for the Fall.
-While I'm typing this on my one non-Hufflepuff account,  my heart belongs in Hufflepuff.  Don't snicker...or I'll hug you :P
-I love to travel and my mom is my travel buddy.  We've been to England, France, Spain, and Ireland.
-I've kissed the Blarney Stone and it was scary.  You have to lie on your back and dangle off the side of the castle to reach it.  No joke...
-I Irish dance and my dance partner Sean and I danced in a pub when we went to Ireland.  OMG, can we say AMAZING?!?!
-Oh, and since everyone else is talking about kids...yes, I want them.  But no time soon...

You know the locals were probably laughing at you, right? They like to pee on the Blarney stone...

#14 OFFLINE   Ivy Borden

Ivy Borden

Slytherin Alumna

• Dark Wizard
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

OH i know! I really should have written that my group and I pretended to kiss it. We went through the whole motion of dangling from the castle but covered our mouth with our hand before we kissed it. Oh trust me....we did our research :P

#15 OFFLINE   Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Prof. Penny Lane-Belvins

Slytherin Alumni

• 2315 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

I am sooooo glad to hear it! :P

#16 OFFLINE   Ivy Borden

Ivy Borden

Slytherin Alumna

• Dark Wizard
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

Oh yes. We had an awesome tour guide named Peter and he told us all about it. Though, I'm not really sure I would actually want to -kiss- a rock anyway. Common sense just screams that doing so wouldn't be a good idea...in my opinion at least

#17 OFFLINE   Lucija Fulbright

Lucija Fulbright

Ravenclaw Alumni; Healing Hands

• Adult
  • 2909 posts
  • LocationHogwarts
  • Wand Type:8" Poplar with Bowtruckle Fingernail

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

A secret...? Bahaha.

Real name is Tahirih. Apparently it's pronounced TO-he-ra, but I'd been pronouncing it ta-HEE-ree almost all my life. <_< Go figure. It's Persian (but I'm not Persian) and it means 'The Pure One,' (but I'm really anything but, as some of you who have gotten to talk to me OOC already know >:) ).

Unmarried, no kids, living with boyfriend of 2(?) years. He thinks I'm a dork for being on this site, but I don't care. :D
Not planning to get married ever, not planning to have kids ever, but ya never know what the future holds sometimes.

We have a little handful in the form of our dog that we adopted from a shelter. Her real name's Peyton, but we've dubbed her all sorts of other things like Adora-pup, Peyton-butt, Sidebutt Honey, Honey-butt (she's got a big butt... :D), Puppen the First Queen of Puppenville, and Kicky McKickalot von Kickenstein von Kickenworth.

I'm full of potential... but too much of a slacker to really put any of it to good use. Plus a few other extenuating circumstances. :D

#18 OFFLINE   Lily Grace Rockwell

Lily Grace Rockwell

Slytherin Alumna

• Adult
  • 510 posts
  • LocationTinworth
  • Wand Type:10" Rowan wood w/ Banshee blood, Hellhound hair & Centaur tail hair core; Sturdy

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

Oh lets see, where to begin . . .

- My name is Patricia but I'm called everything from Pate to Fat Pat, you get the picture, most of the lovely nicknames come from my family, which is rather large.

- I'm retired from the military, Navy to be exact.

- I have lived in San Diego, Belle Chasse, LA, and Andrews AFB, Maryland and never went out to sea except for 10 days, going in circles off the coast of San Diego on the USS Nimitz.

- Besides those places, when I was 16, I lived in Mexico for 3 years, loved that a lot. Even went to school in Mexico City but then went back to Hermosillo where my mom and dad lived.

- I have one son, who is 28 and he has one child and I love being a grandma!

- I have 3 ferrets and they are fun to watch, keep me on my toes

- I don't work and haven't since I left the Navy, retirement is wonderful, I also get disability from the VA so I don't ever have to work.

- I think next to Cheyenne Wolfhawk, I'm the oldest here but I'll catch her in August

- My sister thinks I'm silly to be doing this but I love HP and met my very dear friend, Aaliyah Franklin here. Can you believe she actually came to visit me from Germany, having only met on this site. She's a very wonderful person and I'm so glad to have met her in RL.

- Lucy Lindsay was my first character . . .

I guess that's about it for now, hasta luego!

Edited by Lily Grace Danforth, 18 June 2011 - 08:32 PM.

• Ivan L. Ortiz likes this

#19 OFFLINE   Prof. Branwen Cille

Prof. Branwen Cille
  • 2579 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

Okay, so I will do this, but you can not laugh at me.

-My name is Elaine
-I am 50 years old
-I am married to a wonderful man, but they say the third times a charm. Course they also say three strikes and you are out.
-I have two of my own children and two step children.
-The oldest is 32 and the youngest is 20.
-I have 5 grandkids, and I too LOVE being a grandma. You think dads have it good, just wait for grandparenthood. Not only can you give them back, but you get to go home too!!
-I am a public high school teacher. I teach Mathematics and Computer Science. I know, Arithmancy came real easy for me.
-I love to travel. My husband and I have been on many car trips, and this summer we will be going to Hawaii. Next summer we will be hitting England, Ireland, and Scotland.
-I have no pets, as I am allergic.
-I am Celiac, which is an autoimmune disease. If I eat wheat, rye or barley, my intestines are eaten away by an acid that my body produces. IT is gross, and I did not discover that I had it until 4 years ago. I have been living with it all my life and didn't know. If you are ill and they can't figure it out, ask for a Celiac panel. It is just three blood tests that they run. It could help.
-I play at a variety of instruments including the harp, violin, viola, and several others. Right now it is the Ukulele. It is fun, but my fingers hurt from the strings.
-I am dyslexic. It was not discovered until I was an adult, and I have had to struggle with it. That is one of the reasons that I do not stay up late at night. It gets worse when I am tired. Being old means I can't stay up late too.

Edited by Prof. Branwen Cille, 22 June 2011 - 09:04 PM.

#20 OFFLINE   Zelda Fitzgibbons

Zelda Fitzgibbons
  • Adult
  • 931 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

Ok, so...
  • My real name is Jessica (but I do go by Zelda sometimes...)
  • I'm 21 years old (Took loong enough)
  • I was adopted by my aunt and my uncle at birth
  • I grew up in Florida for 20 years
  • I moved to Louisiana to live with my birthmom April 14, 2010 (the day before my birthday)
  • I have FIVE brothers (25, 23, 19, 16 and 14) and one sister who wont talk to me because she thinks that I really am our sperm-donor. (LONG // confusing story)
  • My favourite colour is green, second favourite colour is purple.
  • I like to read just not too much.
  • I am a writer. Books, poems, movie and playscripts, I write them...just don't always finish because...
  • I have ADHD...or as I like to call it ADOS (Attention Defficet Ohhh Shiny!!!)
  • I love, Love, LOVE theatre!!!! I can sing and act but I can't dance...
  • I am indeed obssesed with Harry Potter to the point that my family has told me to just not talk because HP is what will escape my lips (and now HO)
  • I am weird.
  • Usually I am the exact opposite of my character...I'm actually a very sweet girl who everyone wants to be around and I care about others more than myself
  • Although...Zelda is my alter ego. I have borderline multi personality disorder. Only difference is that I can control my other personality. Only one person got to witness Zelda in person, and I'm trying to keep it that way... ((But Zelda is slowly taking over...shhh...It may be a good thing in the long run...xD.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='xD' />))
  • I currently do not work...:)
  • I don't know anyone on here in RL---HOWEVER...I would like to say that I absolutely love the writers of Penny Lane...I mean PROFESSOR Lane, Tamara Levovich, and Hellena Carrin...xD.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='xD' />
  • This is the first RPing website that I have ever been on
  • I signed up for HO because since I have been in LA I was either in the hospital or working and had yet to meet anyone in the area.
  • I hate going to the clubs and I am not a party person...I enjoy going to the bar and playing a game of pool with some bacardi in hand...
  • And Tamy, Hells and I are moving to Ireland in a couple years...we already have a few houses picked out...xD.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='xD' />
And...
Zelda Fitzgibbons and Stelleta O'Duffy are my only two character so far...

Edited by Zelda Fitzgibbons, 30 June 2011 - 12:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users