Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

Toddlers

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Lotus Serene_*

Guest_Lotus Serene_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

I envy those who only have one or two children.... Bah!

I have a 2 year old, and an 8 month old of my own. Both little girls. My 2 year old is a red head, and the personality came with! She's stubborn, mean, but then has the ability to be so cute she makes me want to cry in joy every day. Then I have 2 stepchildren who are 7 and 4, boy and girl respectfully. THEY are a handful in themselves. There mother is not around, and they hate it. So they try to push me away at every turn, even after 2 years. Im surprised I'M not bald. But all in all, they are still adorable children! They give you something to look forward to everyday. My oldests father isn't around, so we have just one big dysfunctional family, and I love it. (most of the time)
But the toddler age? Can it be over with? Actually, I don't like the age 7 anymore. Its not nice to teach your younger sisters to say bad words! Ugh.

I never expected to have 2 bio and 2 step kids at 20!!

#42 OFFLINE   Prof. Branwen Cille

Prof. Branwen Cille
  • Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 2579 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

That is a lot to handle.

And I have a suggestion for the 7 year old. Now it will only work if he will actually talk to you. But ask him what he thinks of girls who swear. Usually they don't like it. Then point out that he is teaching his sister to be one of them. It sometimes works.

And as for the pushing you away, you should approach it with the idea that you are not their mother but since she can't, not won't, be there, you want to help them out. It may take a few more years, but consistancy is most important.

And as the product of a very, very dysfunctional family, they will turn out okay. I so wish I had remembered to savor the younger years. You think it is bad now, just wait until you have an 18 year boy, a 15 year old girl (scary), a 13 year old girl, and a 11.5 year old girl. Oh man, are you in trouble!!!!

Edited by Prof. Branwen Cille, 02 January 2012 - 05:00 PM.

#43 OFFLINE   Penelope Harlow

Penelope Harlow
  • Hufflepuff 1st Year
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Wand Type:10 inch Silver Burch, Wood Nymph Vocal Chord
  • Blood Status:Mixed Blood

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

My daughter is 5 but has the personality of a 20 year old. She is so much more mature for her age then she needs to be. She wanted to put nail polish on my sister's nails the other day and she asked her "Would you like red or blue?" My sister responded, "You know, I think I'm good with clear" My daughter looked at her with a blank stare on her face and replied, "Look you have two choices. Red or Blue..." I couldn't help but laugh but I did let her know that was being a little sassy after I was done. She definitely inherited my attitude and it sucks a little. My mother wished for me to have a child that put me through as much hell as I put her through and it happened. I love her to death though.
I got pregnant with her when I was in college and unfortunately with a guy that wasn't such a top notch guy. He's still in her life but we're not together. I did marry the love of my life, and he and my daughter get along very well. She tests her boundaries with him every now and then but she knows not to overstep them. We have discussed continuing on his family name since he is the last male in his family that could pass it on. We're not exactly sure how well my daughter will take it though.
My sister had a baby a year ago that she seems to get along with, but every now and then she gets moody because she's not the only grandchild anymore getting all the attention. We have to remind her that we don't love her any less and that she is a big help in taking care of her cousin but still is competitive for the attention. I know the same thing will happen if I have a child with my husband. I'm going to make it a point to have her involved in every step of the pregnancy, and remind her that she is going to be my big helper while I'm pregnant and after the baby is born.

#44 OFFLINE   Fern Martin

Fern Martin
  • Gryffindor 7th Year
  • 1558 posts
  • LocationAt the Dueling Arena
  • Wand Type:13 & 3/4" Ebony with Unicorn Core, Subtle.
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Reading all this makes me less likely to have or adopt a child. I can have one if I wanted but I'm not ready. After working for so many years, I don't think kids are for me. Plus I don't have the patience and time to deal with crying, whining and kids in general. Everyone I talk to in RL is an adult, with the exception of neighbors who are kids, but thats about it. Other than that, I don't like kids haha, not to sound Grinchy :P

#45 OFFLINE   Evan Night

Evan Night
  • Slytherin 1st Year
  • 16 posts
  • Wand Type:Birch, Dragon Heartstring 10 inches, Unyeilding

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

I have a fourteen month old little boy. He took his first steps at nine months. Ever since... man... it has been rough. I expected him to get into everything, but I figured that once he finally hurt him self, lets say, jumping on the recliner... he would stop. Nope! He does it even more! It is cute when we tell him to put something down. He will place it on his table, look at us, then grab it and run away giggling. Regardles, he really is a sweetheart.

#46 Guest_Karina Clearwater_*

Guest_Karina Clearwater_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:19 AM

I have two ginger girls 5 and 3 and a month old boy. They drive me CRAZY!!! Endless screaming and all the poop smearing. I need a safe place

#47 OFFLINE   Allorra Albera

Allorra Albera
  • Ravenclaw 1st Year
  • 70 posts
  • LocationExeter, England
  • Wand Type:Wood: Hazel Core: Phoenix Feather Length: 10 inch Flexibility: Hard

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

My boys drive me crazy too. They are 3 and half and 2 and have just hit terrible two's. They really dont listen at the moment but strangely they do for others. Must be selective hearing lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users