Toggle %s Hello Guest

Greetings & Salutations New Member!

On behalf of the entire Hogwarts Online Community, I would like to warmly welcome you to our forum. To become a member, click here. Follow the instructions there in the Admissions Office to complete the registration process. Do not use the green "Create Account" button.

If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please feel free to contact me via email at cclemenceau@hswcw.com.

Magically,
Posted Image
Founder of Hogwarts Online
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2024 VirteQ

Photo

How Did You Find HO?

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Holly Mony

Holly Mony

4th Year

• Ravenclaw 4th Year
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

Humm, I think it was right after watching the third harry potter movie and wanted to make my own character for that story, so I went online and googled Harry Potter RPGs

#62 OFFLINE   Arriane Song

Arriane Song

Slytherin Alumna

• Adult
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Wand Type:Cherry, eleven inches, unicorn hair.
  • Blood Status:Pure Blood
  • Relationship Status:Single

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:17 PM

Through randomly searching Hogwarts Online...it was the first option that came up

#63 Guest_Saphira Skular_*

Guest_Saphira Skular_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

My friend showed it to our online group; we all liked Harry Potter, so we joined up! Most of them are gone now, but she's still here, as am I. :]

#64 Guest_Celeste Leigh_*

Guest_Celeste Leigh_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

Well... I had been checking the Pottermore site everyday for quite awhile and to my great dismay I go saw the gosh-darn "Beta Extended" bit. In my fit of rage, I googled (it IS a verb) the new date and somehow or other got linked to a post here. I thought it was awesome and VERY organized, unlike some of HO's more cheesy competitors. I fumbled around until I learned how to register, but I still messed it up! huh.gif The rest is history (or... will become history)! http://i53.tinypic.com/2m4wq9w.gif

#65 OFFLINE   Tallulah Brimstone

Tallulah Brimstone

Loki Alumna

• Adult
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationAt work -_-
  • Wand Type:Yew. Unicorn hair. 10 1/2 inches
  • Nickname(s):Tally
  • Blood Status:Half Blood
  • Relationship Status:Widowed

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:56 PM

I was in the middle of writing a fan fic (Oh the joys before employment. They're still not done!) and needed a proper map of Hogwarts. So I bashed Hogwarts Online into Google and it spat out this site. My fan-fics have taken a back seat now... Kinda.

#66 OFFLINE   Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau

Prof. Chauncey Clemenceau

Founder of HO - Governor for Life

• Governor
  • Others: Head Professor
  • 2100 posts
  • LocationHogsmeade
  • Wand Type:9 3/4" Blocky Beechwood, Dragon Heart String
  • Relationship Status:Married

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

6 years ago i hopped on myspace and there was a message for hiring a divinations professor and im a practitioner in rl and decided why not see if its fun i'd read all the books next thing i knew i was hired and 3 months later i was headmistress tongue.gif

#67 Guest_Hye Jeong Ryuu_*

Guest_Hye Jeong Ryuu_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

My sister told me about the existence of this site. I regretted that I have not seen this early on. smile.gif

#68 OFFLINE   Eirlys Gabriel

Eirlys Gabriel

Animal Telepathy

• Adult
  • 2020 posts
  • LocationProbably in a tree in Sweden
  • Wand Type:9" Hazel, Phoenix Feather Core

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

I was re-reading Harry Potter books and I wanted to see if I could take HP classes online. So I googled Hogwarts classes online and the first thing that popped up was HO. I had never actually RPed before, but I play RPGs and Dungeons and Dragons and such, so I thought, how hard can it be? I've also written stories when I was bored, so I figured, might as well give it a try. And now I'm on this site every day for multiple hours just roaming on the site and posting. biggrin.gif I go on this more than facebook now!

Edited by Eirlys Gabriel, 07 November 2011 - 02:28 PM.

#69 OFFLINE   Jasper Haru Talon

Jasper Haru Talon
  • Ravenclaw 4th Year
  • 2378 posts
  • LocationLondon, England
  • Wand Type:Cherry, Tengu feather, 11"

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:11 AM

I was bored and looking through the Ravenclaw fb group and somebody posted it there so I checked it out. Tried out some other HP RPs but they were all utter failures (especially the one where almost everyone was a Ravenclaw *shakes head*)

#70 OFFLINE   Turwaithiel Greenleaf

Turwaithiel Greenleaf
  • Gryffindor 7th Year
  • 810 posts
  • LocationOn the Hogwarts Grounds

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:43 AM

Ok I had two ways of finding this site. The first time I typed in Hogwarts Online and I found this site. It seemed nteresting but I never did RP in my life! So I left and went back to doing my homework I kept procrastinating on. Then a few months later I wanted to find a sorting hat game and stumbled upon this site again. This time I did the test. Thought of the most unique name and BAM Turwaithiel Ithilwen Greenleaf was born. I dont remember the year though. I think I was November 2010.

Edited by Turwaithiel Greenleaf, 11 December 2011 - 06:44 AM.

#71 OFFLINE   Anna Grant

Anna Grant

Tyr Alumnus

• Adult
  • 1365 posts
  • Wand Type:11 1/2 inches sycamore with owl feather

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:36 AM

Well, I have to join the google bandwagon, it looks like... about two months back, I was nosing about Google for a map of Hogwarts, and one of the images led back to this site. I've lurked about until I found out everything I could while avoiding registry, of which I was rightfully leery, then gave up, told myself it'll help my creative writing, partially invented Anna, and landed in Slytherin. Much to my own surprise and vast amusement, I've found a new way to entertain myself, entirely by writing.

#72 Guest_Lisha Clark_*

Guest_Lisha Clark_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

My friend tried to get me to join a different sight, but while searching google I found this one. I like this one much more then the other one she tried to get me to join. People here are much nicer http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/1.gif

#73 OFFLINE   Healer Alba Lautrec

Healer Alba Lautrec

Tyr Alumnus, Healing Hands, Werewolf

• Hogwarts Professors Emeriti
  • 2134 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Wand Type:13 ½” Apple Branch, Salamander Tail

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

I was watching A Very Potter Sequal with a friend, and she showed me the site. I was instantly in love.

#74 OFFLINE   Danka Ravensdale

Danka Ravensdale

Wandmaker; Empathy; Ravenclaw Alumnus

• Adult
  • 2978 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

One of my dearest friends moved away a couple of years ago and through the time we've been in contact via FB and e mail. SO, one day, while gossiping about her latest trends, she told me about the site and she actually dared me to join (she's an active member of it too). So glad and happy I did... http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

Edited by Danka Mechá, 22 February 2012 - 09:30 PM.

#75 OFFLINE   Lexi Robertson

Lexi Robertson
  • Ravenclaw 1st Year
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

I saw a picture on Facebook, and I've been hooked ever since!

#76 OFFLINE   Taimat Valenti

Taimat Valenti
  • Slytherin 1st Year
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

I sudden materialized in a puff of comical smoke, wearing a sun-burnt grin and a faded fedora, singing a dirty sea-shanty and holding a bottle of Whiskey and Run. I was standing on The Big Red Car, Captain Feathersword's feather stuck down my pants. Turning around, I saw the Eagle Capital in the distance, and Two Towers in the opposite direction. So I fled from that place until I found myself in a magical garden.
That;s how I got here.
^_^;

#77 OFFLINE   Healer Angela Gregorovitch

Healer Angela Gregorovitch

Emergency Care, and Maternity Healer Tyr Alumni, 1/2 Veela, Animagus

• St. Mungo's Healer
  • Others: Adult
  • 2721 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Wand Type:11 3/4" Rosewood with threstral wing
  • Blood Status:Creature

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:32 AM

I found it in 2010, I was simply gaining knowledge..lol.. about Hogwarts, then I saw Hogwarts Online. I enrolled there, I was sorted in to Gryffindor but then due to studies, I left it. I think there was something changing site or something like that, a year after, I searched the name, then It says that there is no member of that name and then I made a new account, sorted in to Ravenclaw and here i am. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/1.gif

#78 OFFLINE   Grimm Rochester

Grimm Rochester

Wizards Investigative Unit Department Head

• Banned
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

Funny enough I found it through a random ad back in 2007 on Myspace. Like it literally appeared in front of me xD. But even with the loss of internet twice, I have remained addicted to the site. I blame JKR and C for that, but I praise the day that little sign/ad/check us out thing appeared on Myspace.

#79 OFFLINE   Ruella Georfred

Ruella Georfred
  • Ravenclaw 4th Year
  • 1141 posts
  • LocationHoggy Warty Hogwarts
  • Wand Type:15inch Yew || Unicorn Hair || Bend
  • Blood Status:Muggle Born

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:46 AM

I was crazy in love with Harry Potter and more and more when the film has ended. I thought it would be great if there were a Hogwarts Online school, so I searched it. I've found many, but I was so thankful that I could meet this site, in 2011. Ruella Georfred just like the part of my life not only a 'character'

#80 OFFLINE   Stella P Thompson

Stella P Thompson
  • Hufflepuff 7th Year
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

I am on another Harry Potter RP site but it is ALL roleplay. I wanted something that was a bit different so I googled Harry Potter Rp. This site was one of the results, and happened to have enrollment open so I joined.

The classes totally won me over, and the fact that people aren't constantly harped on for making a one paragraph RP post. It's a nice change, and the professors have been so helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users